Monday, September 3, 2012

All Play on Labor Day

As the birthday gal I got to decide how we would celebrate Labor Day.


I felt like making pancakes and asked the men what kind I should make.  We settled on banana nut and our bananas were perfectly ripe. After our breakfast and reading the paper, we went to play minigolf.


The annuals planted around the course are in full bloom and look great.


Ross won but I came in second! Mark was playing well but a "6" on a couple of holes put him behind. The weather was perfect for this last hurrah of summer.


We followed golfing with a stop at their ice cream shop. I had my favorite: a soft-serve twist with chocolate shell topping.


The men came with me to the MDC reservoir property where we walked the 3.8 mile loop in approximately one hour. As we came around a curve in the road, we were stunned to see this empty reservoir.


Whew! It was a relief to read this explanation. It's been quite dry lately, but not dry enough to drain a whole reservoir!

Ross is on his way back to Boston and we're about to decide what to eat for dinner. I can't wait until Saturday when we'll get to enjoy my birthday present from Mark--dinner at The Gelston House and "Carousel" at The Goodspeed Opera House.







No comments:

Post a Comment