Sunday, May 26, 2013

Celebrating Mother's Day

Looking back over the past 3 months, it's hard to decide what to post first--should I go all the way back to February where I left off when I started my temp job?  Or should I work my way back from the present?  I think I'll start with the weekend of May 11th and 12th...

With Saturday's showers, Malima and I spent the afternoon at the New Britain Museum of American Art which had a special Toulouse-Lautrec exhibit on loan. I like this museum because it is small enough to view everything in just a few hours. The men opted to stay home so we toured the museum at our own leisurely pace. We all went to dinner to celebrate Ross's recent birthday and Mother's Day at the Pond House CafĂ©.  We'll have to go back to Elizabeth Park in June when the roses are in bloom--it's spectacular!

It wouldn't be Mother's Day without our traditional minigolf game at Farmington Miniature Golf!


Sunday's weather was sunny and cool, but it was a beautiful day to be outside. Notice the fantastic necklace I'm wearing--Ross and Malima made it for me along with a matching bracelet! (The bracelet  is a little harder to see on my wrist below my watch.)  I get lots of compliments whenever I wear them, and of course I tell everyone the story behind them.

We followed golfing with ice cream in the minigolf's snack bar--another tradition!  Actually, we had lunch before golf at the snack bar too.  It was a fun weekend for me!






No comments:

Post a Comment