Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Scarf Diaries, Part 2


This J. Crew scarf was a 60th birthday present from Lisa and her family. There are golden threads which make up 3 narrow stripes in the off-white areas between the camel-colored stripes. The label says "92% wool 8% metallic" which might be why it feels a little scratchy. It's very versatile with these neutral colors and I really liked this combination.

Worn with Macy's Charter Club open-front cashmere cardigan, on sale several years ago, and black pants from Kohl's


A beautiful shawl hand-knit by Dawn for me possibly 2 years ago (already!). I like to wear it with this Danish silver pin.

Worn with Macy's Charter Club cashmere turtleneck, on sale several years ago, and gray pants from Kohl's

 
This infinity scarf was an impulse purchase from H & M in Westfarms just before our trip to Africa. I was looking for something stylish yet inexpensive to bring on vacation just in case I lost or damaged it. Fortunately the scarf made it home in great condition and I have worn it a lot. I think it cost $11. Here's another photo that shows why hangers work best for me!    ;-)
 
Worn with J. Jill knit black open-front cardigan bought for Africa trip, black underlayer, and gray pants from Kohl's


This is the second African scarf I fell in love with--the leopard print and the coral/pink feathers (which I thought looked like protea flowers) make a very striking design.

Worn with J. Crew cashmere V-neck boyfriend sweater, this color on super-sale last year, and dark denim jeans for a dress-down day


Another beautiful shawl hand-knit by Dawn for me, my 2014 Christmas present! The yarn is very soft and it drapes beautifully. I like the way the pin by Cathleen McLain adds a little something extra to the overall look. Cathleen is a local Hartford artist who makes the most original jewelry by hand that is also reasonably priced--not real gold/silver or with expensive gemstones--but her pieces are unique.

Worn with Chico's turtleneck and Coldwater Creek knit skirt, both several years old

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I really like the ones Dawn has knit for you! I'm torn on which of the three African scarves are my favorite...

    ReplyDelete