Monday, February 18, 2013

Bargains Galore

Last week I stopped into my favorite consignment shop, The Pink House in Canton, to see if there was anything interesting. I especially like looking for the items that have been in the shop for more than 2 months because they are 50% off the ticket price.  I found a couple of treasures...

 
I have always been fascinated by Scandinavian style knitwear with its classic designs, so this Dale of Norway cardigan came home with me for only $25! It has all of its original pewter buttons but the buttonholes are a little tight so I left them unbuttoned for the photo. These 100% wool sweaters run $300-$600 new, so I was thrilled to get a good bargain on such a timeless piece.
 

This was a bit of a wild card: an Yves St. Laurent silk blouse made in France for $17. With the gold metal buttons it has somewhat of a 90s vibe (but no shoulder pads!), but it fits well and with black in the print, it will look great with black pants. The paper care tag looks new so I suspect this blouse was hardly worn by its original owner--and I aim to change that!

I'm so happy with the bargains that I've added to my wardrobe!



No comments:

Post a Comment