Friday, October 4, 2013

A Fabulous Friday

As a continuation of her special birthday plans for me, Dorine picked me up this morning and we headed to Mozzicato's in Plainville for coffee and a sweet.


There are just so many delicious things in the display cases that it's hard to choose!  What I really want to say is, "Gimme one of each!"


So I went with an old Italian favorite, a cannoli with ricotta filling--and it was delicious.  Well, there was some cappuccino left in my cup so I had to get a couple of biscotti to go with it.  I must admit it made for a very interesting brunch.

 
Then we went to The Pottery Piazza, which is also in Plainville, to pick up the platters we decorated during Ladies' Night last Thursday.  First Dorine had surprised me with dinner at First and Last Tavern where we enjoyed the eggplant pizza, and she presented me with the lovely vintage rhinestone pin that I'm wearing on a ribbon necklace in the photo above.  But the best surprise was our trip to The Pottery Piazza!  We had so much fun gabbing and decorating our platters, and then we had to go back to pick up the fired pieces today.  Dorine used the symbol of her business as The Collegeologist to decorate her platter, and I decided to paint autumn leaves.  It's quite a painstaking process--3 1/2 hours of applying the glazes and waiting for them to dry between coats before the platters were ready for the kiln.  Definitely worth the wait--and I'm looking forward to making something else next time!

Thank you, Dorine, for finding the perfect birthday surprise for your crafty friend!


2 comments:

  1. Ooo! I do like how both of your platters came out. Dorine really came up with a great surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Given all the arts and crafts I've dabbled in over the years, I'm still amazed that Dorine found something I hadn't tried before!

      Delete