Monday, March 16, 2015

The Scarf Diaries, Part 4


My very first pashmina from Nordstrom's--it's soft, lightweight, and surprisingly warm!  It's quite old now and I've gotten a lot of use from this one. With shades of blue, aqua, and purple teamed with black and white, it goes with just about everything I own.

Worn with other wardrobe workhorses, my J. Crew cashmere boyfriend cardigan, and black pants from Kohl's


I found this rayon scarf at Nordstrom Rack for $11--an interesting graphic design and a soft material that drapes well.

Worn with J. Crew cashmere V-neck and black pants from Kohl's


On a bitterly cold day, I wrapped my homemade scarf around my neck. Every winter, usually sometime after the holidays, I get in the mood to make something and this scarf is several years old. I fell in love with the colors in the soft yarn, and it matches the scarf pin that Dawn got me for a gift.

Worn with my old Nordstrom cashmere cardigan, white cotton Kohl's turtleneck, and my black pencil skirt. Wore Clarks black ankle boots.



The colors match perfectly! I also wore these striped tights that are at least 15 years old whose colors blend nicely with the scarf.  I rarely wear them so they have held up very well. Many compliments came my way on this outfit.

 
 
Another one of my favorite souvenirs!  Mark and I were wandering around Florence on our last morning there, and I wanted to retrace our steps back to the hotel so we wouldn't get lost and possibly miss the train to Venice. Mark thought it would be more interesting to try a different route and he was right--we walked right by the Missoni store and stopped in to browse.  This soft scarf with the distinctive Missoni chevron pattern has become another wardrobe workhorse for me.
 
Worn with black and white marl open cardigan from J. Jill, white scoopneck from Adea, and black pants from Kohl's

 
On another bitterly cold day where highs were supposed to be in the teens, I snuggled into this wool cowl that I knit last year. Its casual vibe went well with jeans for another dress-down day. The colors don't really go with the blue sweater, but I was going for comfort, not style.
 
Worn with J. Crew cashmere boyfriend cardigan, cotton off-white Kohl's turtleneck, and dark blue jeans
 


2 comments:

  1. I love those tights! The scarf pin is neat, is the ring part glass?

    More knits in this post, I guess it's the cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, the ring part of the scarf pin appears to be glass.

      I'm behind in posting photos so I wore my bulky hand knits a couple of weeks ago when it was freezing!

      Delete