Friday, May 4, 2012

Welcome to My Weekday World

This week was a bit easier at work.  I took some photos this morning to show you my office.


Standing in the doorway, you see my desk straight ahead.  I love having a big window wall!  Although you can't see them, the windows have miniblinds which I'll need to use when it is sunny.


The left wall has a nice big bookcase.  I always like to bring in a few things from home to make these temporary digs into "my space". Kids tend to come in and sit on the chair to the right of my computer, so I keep photos of Kita and Amber displayed there on my desk. They're great for starting conversations or getting a student to relax.


If you stand facing the bookcase, this corner is to its left. To the left of the green wall is a floor-to-ceiling window and then the door.  It's pretty nice for a school counselor's office.  I am sooo happy to be back working with kids again. 

In the department of random, I was going over a reflection paper with a girl. As we talked, she mentioned that she had gone to see some gypsy vanners and I casually said, "Oh, so you like horses".  Was she ever impressed that I knew about the breed!  We had a great discussion--turns out her father was a breeder and trainer of Arabians. And people think that students can't connect to me because I'm old...it's so frustrating.

Ross is coming here after work for the weekend--yippee!  Hope you have some fun things planned for your weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment