Monday, September 9, 2013

New Birthday Toys

I have been looking for a new purse for quite a long time without any luck, mostly because I love the one I have been using daily for the past several years.  It's the perfect size, goes with everything, and I love the way it hangs securely under my arm without being stuck in my armpit.  However it's worn and faded past redemption so it's time to move on.



At the last possible store I could think of visiting, Marshalls in Avon, I found one that will work!  The size is right, it's a rich shade of teal (my preferred color), and the shoulder strap can be adjusted to fit the same way as my previous purse.  I may even use it as a satchel (those darn handbag handles are everywhere).  The major drawback for me is the large gold-tone MK, but it will be easy enough to wear against my body so it's not so noticeable.  And the best part is the price--half off retail! 

Since we were out and about looking at purses, we stopped at Farmington Valley Equipment to buy something Mark had been eyeing for a long time.  He used it this past weekend.


It's a new Stihl chain saw!  After several years of struggling with cheap ones from big box stores that needed constant repairs, Mark decided to upgrade.  Normally I would probably try to convince him that he should consider retiring from chainsawing at this point in his life, but after two consecutive years with two hurricanes and that freak October snowstorm, I realize that a working chainsaw can come in handy when trees and branches are down everywhere.


On Saturday Mark chopped down the dying birch and by Sunday afternoon we had a nice stack of firewood in the driveway!  I think the new saw helped us make quick work of a big job, and the nice weather didn't hurt either.  With luck the wood will dry out more and be ready to use in the little woodstove by January.

Although they are not really birthday presents, I am thoroughly enjoying my new washer and dryer!


I love the touchscreen controls!  So easy to use!  And the clothes come out nice and clean!  Between the new toys and family time over Labor Day weekend, I had a wonderful extended birthday celebration. 



No comments:

Post a Comment