Saturday, April 14, 2012

Shopping Adventures

Nordstrom is having their "special shoe size event" this week so I went shopping this morning. It's so hard to find cute and comfortable shoes in my size--in fact, most fashionable (and cheaper) styles stop at 10.



These Italian shoes are as comfortable as slippers. Nothing too wild in style but I hope to be able to wear them for a long, long time.  The soft leather fits over that chipped bone in my foot which makes shoe buying exceptionally difficult.  Thank goodness my job starts soon as these were still pretty pricey.


I found a scarf to wear with the purple lightweight raincoat I bought online recently on super-sale.  The scarf colors match a lot of my clothes.  I'm planning ahead for a visit to Malima and Dawn sometime this Fall!


And in the department of random, I was breaking down a corrugated box yesterday to put in recycling when I noticed it said "Saint-Gobain Containers"...Saint Gobain is the huge multinational company that partners with CNRS where Dawn works!

Have a wonderful weekend!



2 comments:

  1. I like the link detail in that first pair... and Kita's paw poking into the frame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're my favorite although the 1" heel on the second pair is even more comfortable...the pleated detail above the patent toe part combined with the lower heel looks a little old to me so I'm not totally sure I'll keep those. What do you think?

      Delete