Sunday, August 26, 2012

More Surprises

Something interesting always happens when I don't have my camera with me. After dinner yesterday we walked Kita up to the horse farm and saw a Great Blue Heron at their pond. That is one huge bird and I'm consoling myself that the sun was already too low to have been able to take a good photo of it.

A couple of days ago the USPS delivered some more surprises--birthday presents from Adria!


Look at this lovely cap-sleeved top with matching camisole in a soft dusty aqua! 


This 3/4 sleeve tee in a jewel-tone teal cotton knit fits beautifully.


I overexposed this view of its gorgeous embellishment to show the detail. It's just amazing! Best of all, these pieces are machine washable--but I'd definitely put them in a lingerie bag before putting them in the machine.


Mark fertilized the lawn this morning after we walked Kita in the reservoir. She got tired pretty quickly because we got a late start (you know me and the Sunday paper!) and it was quite hot in the sun. So we took a short route back to the car.


Mark has the new mailbox post soaking in a basin of wood preservative in our garage. My daily job is to brush preservative on the part of the post that will be buried. This really does seem to extend the life of the posts! 

Hope you are having a fun and productive weekend too!



No comments:

Post a Comment