Sunday, August 5, 2012

This 'n That

I spent the afternoon at Hill-Stead for their monthly First Sunday Open House--Sharon has a really hard time finding guides for these. The special "gallery talk" was a tour of the basement, and another guide whose shift ended offered to take over my duty while I went on the basement tour. It was surprisingly clean, bright, and high-ceilinged for a home built in 1901 (no photos allowed).

I am almost finished hand-stitching the binding on the back of the quilt so I'll have photos soon.


One of my book group members recommended The Good Father by Noah Hawley and it was excellent! It was much better than I expected from the reviews I read on Amazon, and it would be great for discussion. Very timely too with the Colorado shootings.

I am still deciding whether or not to keep my new leather skirt.



The leather is buttery soft and I love the color. It looks good with black, brown, ivory, blue, and navy. I also like the asymmetrical front. I could definitely wear it to Hill-Stead and to any job.



It's the first leather skirt I've ever bought! It's not really a pencil skirt or an a-line skirt--it's sort of in-between and I don't know if that's good. I'm not sure if it's supposed to fit tighter (not sure if the leather will stretch out as I wear it), but it feels very comfortable and it's completely lined. Mark doesn't seem too sure about it. Any opinions?

Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment