Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bloomin' Wednesday

As I watered in the greenhouse today, I noticed more plants are blooming.


This orchid has sprays of 1-inch blooms that spread over the surrounding plants.


I think most epiphytes have blooms that look like they come from an alien world.  Actually I think the plants themselves often look otherworldly.


These orchids have intense color and a velvety texture.  There are four 3" blooms each on two sprays.


These delicate blossoms face downwards.  I wonder if the blooms will open more as they mature because they look droopy right now--definitely not a spectacular presentation as far as orchids go.

I'm not sure that I like seeing water droplets on the flowers.  Maybe next time I'll take photos before watering.


No comments:

Post a Comment