Sunday, February 12, 2012

Stuffed Cabbage and Other Things

Since it is pretty cold today, I decided to make a nice hearty dinner of stuffed cabbage (golabki).


Although the recipe has several steps, it's not difficult to follow.


Best of all, it makes a large batch so we can have some tomorrow too and then I'll freeze the rest.


The deer have been coming through our yard every day around sunset.  When I took this photo yesterday, 3 of them ran across the road but  another one turned and ran back through our yard.  (You'll notice that the several inches of snow that were forecast never materialized.)  This group is pretty skittish--some years I can get fairly close with the camera before the deer scatter.

This afternoon we took a  ride out to Litchfield since I have an interview for a long-term sub job tomorrow at the high school.  It takes 45 minutes with no traffic, but it is a pleasant drive.  I'll just have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment