Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The First Day of Spring

Yesterday, the last day of winter, our temperature reached 81F. Today is supposed to be in the upper seventies, with daytime temperatures falling to more seasonal highs in the sixties by the weekend.  It's been wonderful to have this taste of May weather so early!


In keeping with the first day of Spring, I'll share more of the fashion photos from French Vogue:


Watanabe designed a simple overdress to show off this exquisite floral lace.


In this blouse, Fendi switched from vertical stripes in the bodice to horizontal stripes in the peplum.  Hmmm, sewing inspiration...I have to get working on my sewing room! I'd forget the striped skirt though.


The front of this light blue dress by Marni has a center seam with two pleats on either side at waist level, adding a nice softness above and below.  I know I've seen similar sewing patterns and this look could be very wearable for me as a knee length dress.


In the second photo, I love the way the single black stripe looks on this skirt (or is it culottes?)--an easy treatment for the home sewer to duplicate.


Wishing you fair skies and warm weather on this first day of Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment