Thursday, March 15, 2012

My New School!

Today I shadowed the counselor I'll be subbing for when she goes on leave.


Although I'll be working with high schoolers, this school has grades 7-12 and a total student population of just under 600.  It's the smallest high school I've ever worked at by far. 


Here's the main entrance.  I'll have a reserved parking spot just to the left of the flag pole.  When you enter the building, the gym is on the left and the main office is on the right, with a hallway and the counseling offices just beyond.  Best of all, the office I'll be using has two big windows overlooking a grassy courtyard.


These classrooms are the first thing you see as you drive up to the school. I stopped at town hall to see if the resident trooper was in his office to fingerprint me (but he wasn't), and then I stopped at a little local candy shoppe on my way home.  So far everyone I've met in Litchfield has been very nice and friendly, and I think it will be a great place to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment