Thursday, March 8, 2012

Technical Difficulties

The video on my previous post seemed to stop working the evening of my posting so I'll try again even though it is nothing spectacular.


I think taking videos might use the camera battery faster than usual--I put a recharged battery in the camera a week ago and when I tried to take a photo today, the battery was dead. Just as I was going to my car after a haircut, I saw a large red-tailed hawk swoop by with a small mammal (mouse? chipmunk?) in its talons and alight in a nearby tree.  I pulled my camera out of my purse and...nothing! Oh well, it would probably be difficult to see the hawk even with the telephoto lens, but I would have tried to take a picture.

I saw evidence of another mouse in the island on Tuesday morning so we set traps again and got lucky this morning.  We'll set more tonight and if we don't catch anything, I'll sanitize everything yet again.  This weekend we'll try to figure out how they're getting in.  I hate everything about it--the thought of mice running over everything, having to trap the poor little things, and having to wash all the utensils before we use them just in case.  Ugghh!

It's a beautiful day today--72 degrees right now, so Kita and I will be going for a nice long walk.  Temps are predicted to be back in the 40s for the next couple of days before getting into the 50s, which I think is more seasonal.

No comments:

Post a Comment