Wednesday, March 21, 2012

More Fashion

Today I'll wrap up the photos I took of pages in Malima's Vogue magazine.


I had never heard of Loewe before but I'm hardly a fashion insider!  Apparently this Spanish firm is known for its luxury leather products--in fact, the white jacket with the cutouts in the first photo is leather. I like the dresses because they seem wearable but with a bit of pizazz from the patterns.  The one on the upper right would be great for summer!


I am loving the combination of black, rust, and white in this maxi from Hermes.


The same colors show up in this very flattering swimsuit from Donna Karan--I would wear it!  Without the feather necklace--I wouldn't want to get it wet!


Armani always seems to design clothing that is simple, elegant, and beautifully tailored.  I didn't take photos of the collections by Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Roberto Cavalli, or Elie Saab but they were all lovely and ready for the red carpet!


Well, this was one of the most unusual collections.  As soon as I saw it, I couldn't help thinking which comes first, the chicken or the egg! I really can't imagine anyone wanting to wear these clothes--if the models look frumpy and weird, how will regular people look?  Do the invited guests laugh out loud when stuff like this gets strutted on the runway?  Get up and walk out? Or pretend to be super sophisticated and oooh and ahh?  To me it's a case of the emperor's new clothes. But hey, what do I know--no one's inviting me to design a collection for Paris, Milan, or London!

Hope you have fun creating your own special look this Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment