Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Adventures

I worked at Hill-Stead this morning and gave two tours:  one to a group of 4 women and one to a man from California with his mother.  The man was probably 70 and his mom could be 90--both were delightful!  He mentioned he had last visited Hill-Stead in 1981 and his mother had never been. Hint to my son: please take me on excursions when I am old! 

I like small groups because you can give more of a personalized tour rather than managing crowd control with a large group. 


I took some photos of the sunken garden when I first arrived.  It was designed for Mrs. Pope by the famous landscape architect Beatrix Farrand. With a week of highs in the 80s, the grass has started to green up and magnolias are exploding with blooms.




This afternoon I had to go back to Litchfield to be fingerprinted for my sub job.  The resident state trooper will do it, but he wasn't available when I was there last week to shadow the school counselor.  This time I went to a regional office called Education Connection and I'm glad I did--it's located on one of the prettiest streets I have ever seen!  The homes are old and absolutely gorgeous. I tried to find some information about Litchfield at my local library but didn't have any luck.  Must investigate more!


The Education Connection building looked like an old school that had been completely and tastefully renovated into offices.  Daffodils lined the path from the parking lot to the entrance.  Someday I'd love to go back to that area and just walk around with my camera.  Hmmm, I sense a road trip coming up!  Next time I have visitors, perhaps?

Note to self:  Do not wear light-colored pants when getting fingerprinted!  I came home and noticed two smears of oily black ink on my tan pants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment