Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday Wanderings

Today we caught up on our errands. While driving down Main Street, I saw a man using a chainsaw to carve the trunk of a tree that had been topped by the October snowstorm.  There was an article about him in our local paper a few weeks ago which told how Miss Porter's School decided to have the tree trunk turned into a sculpture. I asked Mark to stop the car so I could take a photo.


Isn't it cute?  I can't wait to see the finished sculpture!  He stopped carving momentarily to pull the extension cord closer.


One of our stops was the main library to return some books and DVDs.  My new pet peeve is people who don't return library books on time!  I have two on reserve that were due in the past week and they haven't been returned yet. The library requires a special trip from our location but I am trying to save money by taking advantage of all it has to loan.


This cozy area with a fireplace and gas log is in the main entrance area. Mark decided to check it out with a little urging from me.


Then we went into the children's area to see if the dog we donated last summer was still there. Yup, it's in the padded toddler area and certainly looks well-loved.  Thank you, Dawn, for deciding we should give it to them. Mark and I could lay down in that space with the dog and still have plenty of room left over!

No comments:

Post a Comment