Sunday, October 16, 2011

Quilt Show

Just a quick update on last night's party--the evening went well and I think everyone had an enjoyable time.  Fortunately Kita went for a sleepover so we were able to finish the dishes and get to bed shortly after midnight, and then we were able to sleep in a little this morning.

Every two years our local quilt guild has a show where its members display their finished projects, so Mark and I headed over to the University of Hartford late this morning.  I always have such mixed feelings when I see all these fabulous quilts.  Some make me think, "I can do that!"  Others make me feel that I could never ever do something so intricate and original, thereby paralyzing me from even trying.


Mark and I both took lots of photos so different quilts will be featured on my blog in the upcoming days.




We were fascinated by all the different angles and interlocking design of this one.  Each quilt is hung in front of ivory curtains with a tag bearing information about the pattern, quilter, etc.  It must be quite a production to get them all displayed properly for the opening of the show!


No comments:

Post a Comment