Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Some Good News

Our power was restored on Sunday evening and now we're just waiting for cable TV/Internet. Mark's company finally has power this morning so they can start working.

I realize someone has to be first and someone has to be last, but our town certainly got the short end of the stick when it came to power restoration! For most of the past ten days we had the highest percentage of power outages in the state. This morning, 10 days after the storm, 27% of our residents still don't have power, so our home is one of the lucky ones. A neighboring town currently leads the state with power outages of 35%.

I'm quickly burning through my AT&T cellular data plan for this iPad and the service continues to be spotty. Although the aftereffects of the storm have been inconvenient and annoying, I'm very thankful that everyone I know is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment