Friday, November 18, 2011

Walking Weather

As I drove past the reservoir entrance in the pouring rain on Wednesday, I noticed that the gates were open and the "Closed to the Public" signs were gone at last.  On Thursday, Kita and I got in a good walk before the afternoon showers, and weather conditions improved mightily today.


With a high of 45 degrees F, I was able to walk quickly without working up a sweat and I even got warm enough to take off my fleece gloves. (I hate cold hands!)


After 4 cloudy days in a row, it was nice to see the sun again--even though it shines weakly at this time of the year, with long shadows at 2 pm.


Kita practically poses for me now!  I wish she would keep her ears up when she sees the camera.  Who could resist this face?  Not I!

We saw lots of evidence of storm damage in the reservoir and several trails are still closed.  The paved 5K route is completely open now, along with the connecting trail over the causeway. 


I felt like I was in Oregon when I followed this logging truck out of the reservoir property.  Of course in Oregon the truck would only have 3 really massive tree trunks!  This is pretty impressive for Connecticut all the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment